Essay on India My Country- India is not a nation, nor a country. It is a subcontinent of nationalities. India is also known as Bharat, Hindustan, and the Golden Bird. India is the country of my dreams. I love my country and feel proud to say “I am an Indian”.
The country is well known for the slogan “Unity in diversity” around the globe because, in India, many religious creeds and casts live together with brotherhood. India is yet a developing country but I want to see it as a developed one.
Welcome to Thenextskill.com. Here below are give many essays on India my country in 100, 150, 200, 300, and 500-word lengths for classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Choose the best one for you. you can also read Essay Writing Guide to improve your writing skills.
10 Lines on India My Country For Kids
- 1️⃣ I live in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- 2️⃣ India is the 7th largest country in the world.
- 3️⃣ There are 29 States in India and I live in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
- 4️⃣ My country India is also known as Bharat and Hindustan.
- 5️⃣ There are many languages but the Hindi Language is the mother tongue of India.
- 6️⃣ Indian festivals like Holi and Deepawali are famous worldwide.
- 7️⃣ One of the seven wonders “Taj Mahal” is situated in India.
- 8️⃣ The world’s first university Nalanda University was in India.
- 9️⃣️ many religions in India live together.
- 🔟 But Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, and Christians are the four main religions.
Extra Shots About India
- The Tricolour is the national flag of India.
- Tiger is the national animal of India.
- Peacock is the national bird of India.
- Lotus is the national flower of India.
- Mango is the national fruit of India.
- Hockey is the national game of India.
- The banyan tree is the national tree of India.
- Jana Gana Mana is the national anthem of India.
- Vande Mataram is the national song of India.
- Indian Rupee (INR) is the national currency of India.
- The elephant is an Indian heritage animal.
- South Asian dolphin is the national aquatic animal of India.
- The river Ganges (Ganga) is the national river of India.
An Essay On INDIA | My country | 100, 150 Words
INDIA is my country and it is also known as Bharat. India is also called Hindustan because most people are Hindus here. There are four main religions in India. They are Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, and Christian.
All people live together in brotherhood. Many languages are spoken in India. Hindi is the mother language of India. Indians usually believe in “Unity in diversity”. India is the 7th largest country in the world. It is also the 2nd most populated country in the world. I love my country and feel proud to say “I am an Indian”.
India is famous for Its great culture and traditions. There are 29 states in India and Delhi is the capital of India. The Taj Mahal is an attraction for tourists To visit India. The world’s first university Nalanda University was in India. India shares its border with Nepal, Bangladesh, China, Shri Lanka, Myanmar and Pakistan.
short Essay On INDIA | 250 Words | Class 6, 7, 8
India is a country of different religions, castes and creeds. It is famous for its great culture and traditions. There are various languages in India but the mother tongue is Hindi.
Despite the diversity in the language, and religion casts all the people of India live together in brotherhood. That is the reason behind the famous quotation of India “Unity in diversity”.
Features of India
India holds the 7th position in the list of largest countries in the world. It is also the second most populated country in the world. India has 29 states and 7 UTs and each of them is different in culture, dressing style, food and language.
It is told that after every hundred kilometres or so, one can witness a difference in food, dresses, language and homes.
The largest state of India is Rajasthan and the smallest state is Goa. India is enclosed by oceans from three sides that are Bay Of Bengal in the east, the Arabian Sea in the west and the Indian Ocean in the south. Also, it is a neighbour country of Nepal, Bangladesh, China, Shri Lanka, Bhutan, Myanmar and Pakistan.
Attractions of India
Tourists from different countries visit India to know about Indian attractions. Every state of India is full of attractions. If we try to make a list of them we run out of the limit of words for this essay. But we definitely can count on some of the main attractions.
The Taj Mahal which is one of the seven wonders of the world is situated in India. Lotus Temple, India Gate, and Qutub Minar in Delhi.
Apart from these, The holy city of Varanasi is in Uttar Pradesh. Jaisalmer in Rajasthan is a popular place for visitors. The golden temple of Punjab is a worldwide famous masterpiece.
To sum it up, Our country is a well-known country in the world. We Indians are recognised for our unity in diversity. The country is full of different cultures, languages, traditions, and attractions. India is still a developing country but soon it will become a developed one.
long Essay On INDIA My Country | 500 Words | Class 9, 10, 11, 12
Main Headings of Essay on INDIA
- Geography of India
- Culture of India
- What makes India different
- Every Indian knows that
- Final Words
Our country India can be defined in only three words. “Unity in diversity“. This slogan provides a real introduction to our country India. But why this slogan works as an introduction to India? The answer is quite simple. India is full of diversity in its states.
Every state in India is known for its unique culture, dress, food and crafts. At a distance of every hundred kilometres, one can easily observe the changes. Also, people of different religions, Castes, and creeds live here. But despite this diversity, all the people of India live together with joy and brotherhood.
Some other names of my country are Bharat, Hindustan, and Aryavart.
Geography of India
India is an Asian country. It is enclosed from three of its sides. One is the Bay Of Bengal in the east. The second is the Arabian Sea in the west and the third is the Indian Ocean in the south. There are 29 states and 7 union territories in India. The biggest state is Rajasthan and Goa is the smallest one.
New Delhi which is also known as the heart of India is the capital of India. Delhi and Mumbai are the most crowded cities in India. Moreover, it is a neighbour country of Nepal, Bangladesh, China, Shri Lanka, Bhutan, Myanmar and Pakistan.
Culture of India
People of different religions such as Hinduism, Muslims, Sikhism, Christianity and Buddhism lived together in old times. India is also loaded with monuments, churches, tombs, temples, historical buildings, museums, wildlife sanctuaries, scenic beauty, places of architecture and countless more. Great leaders and freedom fighters were born in India.
Furthermore, India is famous for its festivals and celebrations. Indian culture has been full of festivals and celebrations. Holi, Diwali, Eid, Christmas, And Baisakhi are the most popular festivals in India. Also, India is called a country of a million Gods. One can easily witness lots of temples and religious places.
What makes India different
- The Taj Mahal– Taj Mahal is counted among the seven wonders of the world. It is situated in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, A state in India.
- Statue of Unity– When Indian talk about unity, The statue of unity ( The world’s tallest statue ) can’t be avoided. It is a statue of leader Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Nalanda University– The first university in the world was built in India which makes our country stand apart from other countries.
- Indian Railway– Indian Railway is the world’s largest railway network.
- Indian constitution– The Indian constitution written by Dr B R Ambedkar, is the world’s longest constitution.
Every Indian knows that
The national animal of India is Tiger. The national fruit of India is Mango. Peacock is the national bird of India. Hockey is the national sport of India. The national anthem of India is “Jana Gana Mana”. The national song of India is “Vande Mataram“.
Indian flag is called the Tricolour ( Tiranga ) because of its three colours. The first and uppermost colour of the flag “Saffron” stands for purity. The middle colour in the flag “White” stands for peace. The third and lowermost colour “Green” stands for fertility. Ashok Chakra in the middle of the flag has twenty-four equal spokes.
Final Words (Conclusion)
In conclusion, India is a big country having different cultures, religions, castes, and creeds but they live together. That is why India is popular for the saying “unity in diversity”. India is also quietly known as the land of spirituality, and philosophy. India is yet a developing country but shortly it will convert into a developed one.
If you like this Essay on India my country. Share it with your friends and loved ones. Also, give your suggestions below in the comments.
Faq’s- Essay on India
How many states are there in India?
There are 29 states and 7 union territories in India. Delhi is the capital of India and the biggest state is Rajasthan. Goa is the smallest state in India.
Why India is still a developing country?
Reasons for India to be a developing country:
1. A large population is dependent on agriculture only.
2. The huge population is one of the main reasons.
4. Low income per capita
and many others.
Writing tips for Essay on India?
To write an essay on India, follow these steps!
1. Write down the relevant headings.
2. Draft a structure of headings.
3. Write a winning introduction.
4. Implant headings in the centre with content.
5. At last, Present a conclusion.
- Essay On Diwali For Kids & Students [In Easy English]
- Essay On Jawahar Lal Nehru [3+ Best Examples]
- Short Essay on A Journey By Bus [With Headings]
- Essay on APJ Abdul Kalam [3+ Best Examples]
- Short Essay on A Journey By Train [With Headings]
- Essay On Mahatma Gandhi [With Headings]
- Essay on Good Manners [3+ Examples] For Students
- Essay on Clean India Mission [3+ Best Examples]
- Essay On Mobile Phones [3+ Best Examples]