Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is identified as one of the world’s top space research organisations. It has always been a part of unravelling the mysteries of celestial bodies like Mars and the moon.
Chandrayaan-3, the recent space mission of ISRO, has attracted the attention of the whole world to India. This mission was launched on 14 July 2023 at Sriharikota. In this essay, we will talk in detail about the mission “Chandrayaan-3“.
The word “Chandrayaan” refers to the vehicle of the moon. The mission Chandrayaan-3 is the ambitious space mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and represents a significant step in exploring the secrets of the Moon.
It is named Chandrayaan-3 because it is a successor to Chandrayaan-1 & Chandrayaan-2. Obviously, the latest mission is more advanced than the previous ones.
Features of Chandrayaan-3
Chandrayaan-3 is made up of different parts discussed below. But it does not have an Orbiter because it will use the Orbiter of Chandrayaan-2.
1. Lander: The lander is named Vikram. It is designed to soft-land on the Moon’s surface. It is equipped with a variety of scientific instruments including a laser altimeter, a magnetometer and a seismometer.
2. Rover: The rover is named Pragyan. It is designed to explore the lunar surface. It is equipped with a variety of scientific instruments including a camera, a spectrometer and a drill.
3. Propulsion module: The propulsion module is used to launch the lander and rover into lunar orbit and it also provides communication and navigation services for the spacecraft.
4. Payloads: A payload is a scientific instrument or device that is carried on the spacecraft. The payloads are used to study the Moon and its environment.
What are the objectives of the Chandrayaan-3 mission? Do you think the same? Let’s explore!
1. The Understanding of the Moon- The first objective of this mission is to enhance our understanding of the geology, mineralogy and exosphere of the Moon.
2. Finding Habitable Planets- Science is deeply engaged in finding Earth-like habitable planets in the universe. The Chandrayann-3 mission can also help us with this.
3. Expand Efficiency- The second objective of this mission might be to expand the efficiency of space exploration.
4. Observation of Earth- We can better observe the Earth from the Moon. It can help us predict various climatic changes & celestial events impacting Earth.
This mission will have a great positive impact on India. Firstly, it will contribute to the expanded knowledge about the Moon.
Secondly, It will strengthen ISRO’s position in the global space exploration community and will serve as a catalyst for technological advancements in the country.
Thirdly, the development and deployment of complex systems such as lunar landers, rovers and associated navigation technologies will boost our engineering expertise.
- Technology is Boon Or Bane
- Essay On Information Technology
- Essay On APJ Abdul Kalam- The Missile Man of India
- Essay on the Impact of Social Media
- Essay On the Use of Mobile Phones
Chandrayaan-3 is an important milestone for Indian scientific excellence and technological advancement. The mission is poised to expand our understanding of the Moon and propel India to the forefront of space exploration.
- Essay On 5G Technology In India
- Essay On Chandrayaan 3 For Students
- Essay on English Language [Short & Long]
- Essay On Summer Vacation In 150 Words
- Summer Season Essay for students
- Essay On Summer Vacation For Students
- Essay on Visit to a Zoo for Students
- Essay on Good Manners [Short & Long]
- Essay on Childhood Memories [With Headings]