Good morning and welcome everyone. I want to wish you the best for the day. Today, I am here today to present a speech on a very special Indian personality- Mr Lal Bahadur Shastri who served the country as the second prime minister.
Mother India is fortunate enough to have a number of great patriots who devoted their lives to the upliftment of the country and its countrymen. Lal Bahadur Shastri who is famously known as the man of peace is one of those patriots.
Shastriji was born on 2nd October 1904 in a very poor family in Mughalsarai, Uttar Pradesh. His father Shri Sharda Prasad was a teacher. When Shastriji was only one year old, his father passed away. At the very young age of 17, Gandhiji’s appeal to boycott schools and colleges, he left his studies and joined the non-cooperation movement. As a result, he was sent to jail.
Would you believe that he spent 9 years of his life in Jail? He assisted Mahatma Gandhi and Jawahar Lal Nehru in the freedom struggle. Apart from this, he served the country as the second prime minister of India after the sudden death of Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first prime minister.
During his tenure as a prime minister, he strove for the betterment of the conditions of poor farmers. He then proposed the concept of the White Revolution and the green revolution. These initiatives helped a lot in balancing the financial conditions of farmers. He also gave a very famous slogan “Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan”.
This is what I wanted to say about Lal Bahadur Shastri, I hope you liked my words. Thank you!
- Importance Of Time Management Speech [1,2,3 Minutes]
- Speech On Ethics And Etiquette [1,2,3 Minutes]
- Speech About Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2023
- 1 Minute Speech On Health Is Wealth
- 2 Minute Speech On Child Labour
- 1 Minute Speech On Child Labour
- Speech On Nature [ 1-2 minutes ]
- 2 Minute Speech on Importance Of Education
- 1 Minute Speech on Pollution
- 2 Minute Speech on Population Explosion