Self-respect is the reflection of how positive we think about ourselves and how we feel inside. It boosts our confidence and helps us in personality development. Self-respect makes us aware of our uniqueness and hence we stop comparing ourselves with others.
In this article, we shared some examples of speeches on the self-respect of different word lengths and time durations. With the help of these, you can prepare for a speech completion or present your thought on this topic.
1 Minute Speech On Self Respect
Good morning and welcome all of you gathered here. I am here to present a speech on self-respect.
Self-respect is a building block of our inner infrastructure. It is a fundamental element of our emotional health. It also helps us build a strong relationship with ourselves. This relationship is more important than any other one because if we do not feel good about ourselves, who else will like our company?
Furthermore, it needs to be understood that there is a very thin line between self-respect and ego. Self-respect is all about our internal positive feelings. It does not imply developing an egoistic behaviour towards others. If you fail to differentiate between the two, it will destroy your relationship with others.
Without self-respect, we feel empty from within. Then, life will become boring and we can not live our life to the fullest. Hence, it is a very important aspect of human life. We need to pay attention to how we feel about ourselves and should always try to improve the quality of self-respect. Thank you for listening to my words.
2-Minute Speech On Self-Respect
Welcome honourable principal, respected teacher, loved parents and dear friends. Today, we are gathered here for this special occasion of… I am here to speak a few words about Self-Respect.
“Self-respect”. As the term suggests it refers to the respect one gives to himself. It is a quality of an individual that impacts confidence, dignity, and personality. For any person, self-respect helps to understand his/her real importance and value.
When we give respect to others, it helps us strengthen our relationship with them. Similarly, when we give respect to ourselves, we build a strong relationship with ourselves. This relationship is more important than any other one because if we do not feel good about ourselves, who else will like our company?
As we know that respect is always given to the right and deserving person. Self-respect encourages one to act morally and ethically. Hence, morality and ethics are two important tools to sustain self-respect. For this reason, if a person with self-respect does anything wrong, he can not make eye contact with himself.
Moreover, it needs to be understood that there is a very thin line between self-respect and ego. Self-respect is all about our inner positive feelings. It does not mean developing an ego of being superior to others. If you fail to differentiate between the two, it will destroy your relationship with others.
Most importantly, a lack of self-respect can drive a person to indulge in bad activities. Plus, a person without self-respect loses his identity and purpose of living. No one likes or respects him. Then, life becomes boring. He feels just lost in his own negative thoughts.
To sum it up, self-respect is a fundamental element of our emotional health. Without having strong self-respect, we can not feel good from within. As a result, we can not live our lives to the fullest.
Thank you for your kind attention and for listening to my words.
3 Minute Speech Example
First of all, good morning to the honourable principal, respected teachers and loving friends and all of you present here today. In your special presence, I would like to say a few words about Self-Respect.
Self-respect is the reflection of how positively we think about ourselves and how we feel inside. It boosts our confidence and helps us in personality development. Self-respect is a feeling that fills us with positivity. It impacts our emotional health, our relationships and our decision-making skills.
Without self-respect, we feel empty from within. Just think, if you can not respect yourself, who else will give you respect? No one. Then, life becomes boring. You feel just lost in your own negative thoughts. This fills us with a thought of an inferiority complex and we start comparing ourselves with everyone around us.
Apart from this, a lack of self-respect increases the effect of peer pressure. It can even lead to depression and anxiety. Hence, there is no choice but to develop self-respect. But what are ways to develop self-respect if you lack it or you want a boost? Let’s discuss some of them.
1. Recognise your strengths- We give respect others for their achievements and extraordinary traits. We also possess some unique strengths. When we start recognising our strengths, we start feeling a sense of respect for ourselves.
2. Be kind to yourself- Kindness is a good virtue for all. But we forget to be kind toward ourselves. We do a lot of negative self-talk about ourselves. We must be very kind when we think about ourselves. It will help you accept yourself the way you are.
3. Celebrate small achievements– Generally, we ignore our small achievements in life which is not fair. Once we start celebrating our small achievements, we feel that we did something meaningful in life. This feeling puts on some weight on our self-respect.
4. Build a positive circle– Our company impacts us more than anything else so choosing your company is an important task which requires wisdom. Make friends who accept you and respect you the way you are. Once you get respect from others, your start giving more respect for yourself.
To sum it up, self-respect is a building block of our inner infrastructure. It needs to be strong. Without strong self-respect, we can not prepare ourselves for fighting the obstacles in life. So, we need to continuously improve in terms of self-respect.
This is all I wanted to share with you. I hope you liked my thoughts. Thank you!
- Importance Of Time Management Speech [1,2,3 Minutes]
- Speech On Ethics And Etiquette [1,2,3 Minutes]
- Speech About Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2023
- 1 Minute Speech On Health Is Wealth
- 2 Minute Speech On Child Labour
- 1 Minute Speech On Child Labour
- Speech On Nature [ 1-2 minutes ]
- 2 Minute Speech on Importance Of Education
- 1 Minute Speech on Pollution
- 2 Minute Speech on Population Explosion