Skip to content
- Mahatma Gandhi was an Indian freedom fighter.
- He helped our country to get freedom from the English people.
- His full name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
- He is also known as the father of the nation.
- We Indians call him Bapu with great love.
- He was an advocate, an author, a politician and a social activist.
- In South Africa, he campaigned there against the British for the violation of dark-coloured Asians.
- He was a pure vegetarian and used to wear a hand-spun Dhoti.
- In 1914, the Sanskrit word “Mahatma” was applied before his name making it Mahatma Gandhi
- He died on 30 January 1948 due to being shot by Nathuram Godse.
A Brief Biography of Mahatma Gandhi (Baapu)
- Full Name-Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
- Date of Birth– 2nd October 1869
- Place of Birth– Porbandar, Gujrat
- Profession– Barrister (Advocate), Politician, Author
- Father’s Name– Karamchand Uttamchand Gandhi
- Father’s Profession-Diwan ( Chief Minister) of Porbandar
- Mother’s Name-Putlibai
- Wife’s Name– Kasturbai Makhanji Kapadia (Married in 1883)
- Son’s Names-Harilal, Manilal, Ramdas, and Devdas.
- Date of Death-30 January 1948
- Reason of Death-shot by Nathuram Godse
- Campaigns led– Satyagraha Campaign, Salt March, Disobedience movement, Non-cooperation Movement, Quit India Movement.
Other 10 Liners